The Barefoot Rundown:
Join us on our legendary Cairns tour – one that’s chill, fun and all about nature.
We have a cheeky, slightly non-PC style of humour and enjoy some good banter… We carry decent coffee, cadbury hot choc, local tea and a hearty homestyle lunch! Having a flexible itinerary means you don’t have to spend the day rushing from one place to the next, sometimes we change it up, add stops or do the whole tour backwards just for shits and giggles.
Leave Cairns on an adventure with Barefoot Tours, through World Heritage listed Rainforest, home to stunning waterfalls like Ellinjaa Falls, Josephine falls, Dinner falls and on towards some of the most beautiful locations in the Atherton Tablelands!
We’ll show you all the best things to do in the tropical oasis of the Atherton Tablelands, from taking a dip at some of Cairns most epic waterfalls (Millaa Millaa falls, Dinner falls, Elinjaa falls), to sliding down the natural rock slide at Josephine falls, to exploring the mystic curtain of roots set by a half a century old (Cathedral or) Curtain Fig tree, and Swimming in the volcanic crater lake known as Lake Eacham. If your lucky enough you may be able to spot some of Australia’s endemic wildlife in the Rainforest like the famous Cassowaries.
Snap the perfect picture from beneath the cascading Millaa Milla Falls, explore the sights with your new found friends, enjoy a tropical morning tea, a yummy picnic lunch and good ol’ Aussie Tim Tams! So, if you are ready to have your shoes blown away by Barefoot Tours then join up for a fun day in the amazing Atherton Tablelands… Come and discover Australia’s unique landscapes with Barefoot Tours!!
We are all about nature, fun, beautiful swimming locations and love a good laugh!
- Lake Eacham & Fig tree
- Dinner falls & The Crater
- Millaa Millaa falls
- Josephine falls
- Lookouts up/down
- Malanda falls
- Zillie & Ellinjaa falls
- Henrietta creek
- Wallicher falls
- Tchupala falls
- Babinda boulders
What to bring:
- Togs, swimmers, bikini, or boardies
- A Towel to dry yourself
- Camera to take some cool pics
- A dry change of clothes – maybe something warmer in winter?
- Water bottle to stay hydrated!!
- Casual Footwear – Thongs are okay too
- Transfers to/from your Cairns accommodation
- Morning Tea (fruits, cakes, & muffins)
- Beautiful lookouts & awesome photo opportunities
- Locally grown tea & plunger coffee (not that cheap instant crap)
- Chance to spot rainforest wildlife (cassowaries, tree kangaroos)
- Picnic lunch (fresh bread, salad items, meat & fruit platter)
- Multiple swimming spots including waterfalls & a natural water slide
- Afternoon tea (good ol’ Aussie Tim Tams, quick fruit stop)
We try to take photos to upload, however this is not a guarantee… Might be a tech issue, or our guides just f*** it up. Please do not rely on our camera (it’s free & sometimes a slow service).
- Personal spendings
- Drinks (we have a water tank on board for waterbottle refills)
Will I have a crappy time if the weather is shit? Will my tour be cancelled?
We go out in all types of weather, but rest assured we will only go out if we are confident it is safe to do so on tour. The joys of our tours is that our itinerary is flexible, so we simply adjust it to the weather and to our guests. If people are really digging a location, we simply stay longer… Majority look bored, then we move on to the next… We simply keep stopping at stops until it’s time to go home. Awesome!
Rainy Days are generally more adventurous we see more, do more, really get into it and chase those waterfalls!
Sunny days we find people tend to take their time a little more, soak in the sun, relax!!
Barefoot Tours departs between 7-8am, returns around 6-7:30pm. Unfortunately, we are unable to transfer to/from the Northern beaches (too lazy sorry). If driving in, we suggest you select Cairns City Backpackers – 274 Draper St as your pickup location, you can park there all day for free.
Age Policy: This tour welcomes those aged 10 years and older. No max age limit, but you do need to be fairly fit and healthy and ok on your feet (some of the tracks can be a little tricky otherwise).
Cancellation Policy: Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Weather Policy: Your guarantee is we will only commence a tour with confidence knowing the day will go according to plan. However we cannot predict acts of Gods.We cannot be held responsible for any (abnormal) changes to the tour itinerary. Due to the tour being located in the Wet Tropics region, we encounter a monsoonal Wet season. We cannot compensate for any Acts of god. (Example: Flooded roads, Trees Blocking access roads, Bridges going over with flooded water, Landslides, extremely hot weather, or torrential Rain.) Once you have joined the tour group on the day we all have committed to the days tour. We will endeavour to deliver a full day of entertainment regardless of the present conditions. We will do our absolute best given any situation.
Stress less with a pre-packaged itinerary created by locals, with your best interests…
- 3 full day tours
- 3 lunches
- The Great Barrier Reef
- The Daintree Rainforest
- Atherton Tablelands Waterfalls
- PDF Itinerary, Tours reconfirmed
- RRP $485
- Our price $445, You Save $40
Leave Cairns on an adventure, through World Heritage listed Rainforest, home to stunning waterfalls like Ellinjaa Falls, Josephine falls, Dinner falls & on towards some of the most beautiful locations in the Atherton Tablelands!
- See: Josephine Falls, Millaa Millaa Falls, Lace Eacham. Fig tree & more...
- Departs every day except Sunday, max of 20 people
- Starts: 7am, Finishes: 6.30pm
- Morning & Afternoon tea, Lunch is included
Their luxury vessel ReefQuest offers fantastic value for money with unlimited snorkelling on two different reef locations. Snorkelling is the easiest way to discover the Great Barrier Reef, it is as simple as breathing.
- See: 2 "Outer" Great Barrier Reef locations
- Departs daily , max of 80 people
- Starts: 8.00am, Finishes: 4.30pm
- Morning & Afternoon tea, Lunch is included
Embark on a Journey to the oldest low-lying rainforest in the world, estimated to be between 110 to 180 Million years old (6-10 times older than the Amazon Rainforest!)
- See: Mossman Gorge, Daintree Croc Cruise, Cape Trib, Palm Cove
- Departs every day except Sunday, max of 13 people
- Starts: 6.50am, Finishes: 6.30pm
- Morning tea, Lunch is included