Just a Overnight trip from Cairns, you’ll feel a world away in the Cassowary Coastal town, Mission Beach… Snorkel dunk island (equipment inc), spend a half day rafting the Tully, Chase the waterfalls and lax out…
Mission Beach is this quirky quaint little coastal town, with lots of love to give… Stunning holiday destination away from the crowds and a little of the beaten track.
Reef Goddess, Mission Beach Dive
A little of the beaten track, Mission Beach is a hidden beauty, surrounded by lush rainforest, beautiful beaches, islands, all in a laid back small friendly town. When you picture a relaxing summer getaway, this is definately one of those places that exceeds expectations.
Mission Beach is situated about a 2 hour drive south of Cairns in the Cassowary Coast.
For those of you looking for a smaller boat to experience the Great Barrier Reef look no further than Mission Beach Dive Centres’ very own Reef Goddess.
The Reef Goddess is designed for your comfort with spacious deck areas, hot showers, a sun deck, toliets and a rear deck for the perfect entrance into the Great Barrier Reef.
Experienced crew are there to help make your day the best it can be with educational and hands on help when needed.
Our aim for your visit to the Outer Great Barrier Reef is to ensure you enjoy and experience this amazing place in it’s natural state away from the crowds. We would like everyone travelling on board ‘Reef Goddess’ to feel like you’re heading to the reef with friends and family creating a fun filled and educational experience that will stay with you forever – Mission Beach Dive Centre
~8.30am , Transfers to Dunk Island
- Your Great Barrier Reef adventure begins at Wongaling Beach where you will board Island Spirit. Just a quick 10 minute transfer will land you onto beautiful Dunk Island.
9.30am, Meet the Reef Goddess & it’s crew!
- After introductions and a safety briefing from your captain, we depart Brammo Bay at Dunk Island and head off to the East sitting on 18 knots.
11am, First location, Great Barrier Reef – JUMP IN!!
- MBDC locations are determined on the day to suit weather conditions. You will have an hour exploring our untouched reefs with our crew on hand to assist with your gear and getting going. Our free snorkel briefing will cover what to do and what not to do to ensure your safety and enjoyment at the reef.
12pm, Depature & lunch prep (approx. 30mins)
12.30pm, Second location, Great Barrier Reef
- Arrive at our second location where the ship’s captain will cook your BBQ lunch served alongside fresh prawns, salads and fresh tropical fruit. After your well earned lunch, onto the second of our snorkel and dive explorations. Another hour of learning, seeing and experiencing one of the worlds natural wonders.
3pm, Prepare for departure via Dunk Island
4.30pm, Transfers to Mission Beach via “Island Spirit”
- Tea, Coffee & Snacks
- Full Buffet BBQ Lunch
- Snorkle gear (sexy stinger suits in-season)
- Snorkle briefing
- 2 Great Barrier Reef locations