The Barefoot Rundown:
We have a cheeky, slightly non-PC style of humour and enjoy some good banter… We carry decent coffee, cadbury hot choc, local tea and a hearty homestyle lunch! Having a flexible itinerary means you don’t have to spend the day rushing from one place to the next, sometimes we change it up, add stops or do the whole tour backwards just for shits and giggles.
Leave Cairns on an adventure with Barefoot Tours, through World Heritage listed Rainforest, home to stunning waterholes such as Josephine falls, Babinda Boulders and on towards what we call paradise, otherwise known as Mission Beach & Dunk Island the most beautiful locations in the Cassowary Coast!
We’ll show you all the best things to do in the tropical oasis towards the Cassowary Coast, from learning about the historic Babinda Boulders to sliding down Josephine falls very own rock slide to snorkeling on Dunk Island… If your lucky enough you may be able to spot some of Australia’s endemic wildlife in the Rainforest like the famous Cassowaries, Tree Kangaroos, Green Tree Frogs…
Snap the perfect video as you slide down the natural rock slide at Josephine to snorkelling on Dunk Island, explore the sights with your new found friends, enjoy a tropical morning tea, a yummy picnic lunch and Mission Beaches favourite frozen chocolate bananas! So, if you are ready to have your shoes blown away by Barefoot Tours then join up for a fun day in the amazing Cassowary Coast… Come and discover Australia’s unique landscapes with Barefoot Tours!!
We are all about nature, fun, beautiful swimming locations and love a good laugh!
- Locations we visit:
- Babinda Boulders
- Josephine falls
- Mission Beach
- Lookouts or snorkelling at Dunk Island
- Dunk Island
- Etty Bay
- Luggers Bay Lookout
- Historical pub stop
- Alligators Nest
- Henrietta Creek
- What to Bring:
What to bring:
- Togs, swimmers, bikini, or boardies
- A Towel to dry yourself
- Camera to take some cool pics
- A dry change of clothes – maybe something warmer in winter?
- Water bottle to stay hydrated!!
- Casual Footwear – Thongs are okay too
- Inclusions & Exclusions:
- Transfers to/from your Cairns accommodation
- Morning Tea (fruits, cakes, & muffins)
- Beautiful lookouts & awesome photo opportunities
- Locally grown tea & plunger coffee (not that cheap instant crap)
- Chance to spot rainforest wildlife (cassowaries, tree kangaroos)
- Picnic lunch (fresh bread, salad items, meat & fruit platter)
- Multiple fresh water swimming spots including Babinda Boulders & a natural water slide
- Dunk Island transfers & snorkel equipment
- Afternoon tea (good ol’ Aussie Tim Tams, quick fruit stop)
We try to take photos to upload, however this is not a guarantee… Might be a tech issue, or our guides just f*** it up. Please do not rely on our camera (it’s free & sometimes a slow service).
- Personal spendings
- Drinks (we have a water tank on board for waterbottle refills)
Will I have a crappy time if the weather is shit? Will my tour be cancelled?
We go out in all types of weather, but rest assured we will only go out if we are confident it is safe to do so on tour. The joys of our tours is that our itinerary is flexible, so we simply adjust it to the weather and to our guests. The only thing that may be affected if the transfers to Dunk Island if the wind is really high, in that case we will adjust the tour to suit and visit other locations that we usually wouldn’t… We simply keep stopping at stops until it’s time to go home. Awesome!
- The boring stuff:
Barefoot Tours departs between 7-7:30am, returns around 6-6:30pm. Unfortunately, we are unable to transfer to/from the Northern beaches (too lazy sorry). If driving in, we suggest you select Cairns City Backpackers – 274 Draper St as your pickup location, you can park there all day for free.
Age Policy: This tour welcomes those aged 10 years and older. No max age limit, but you do need to be fairly fit and healthy and ok on your feet (some of the tracks can be a little tricky otherwise).
Cancellation Policy: Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Weather Policy: Your guarantee is we will only commence a tour with confidence knowing the day will go according to plan. However we cannot predict acts of Gods.We cannot be held responsible for any (abnormal) changes to the tour itinerary. Due to the tour being located in the Wet Tropics region, we encounter a monsoonal Wet season. We cannot compensate for any Acts of god. (Example: Flooded roads, Trees Blocking access roads, Bridges going over with flooded water, Landslides, extremely hot weather, or torrential Rain.) Once you have joined the tour group on the day we all have committed to the days tour. We will endeavour to deliver a full day of entertainment regardless of the present conditions. We will do our absolute best given any situation.
Mission Beach + Dunk Island Day Tour Feedback
Stress less with a pre-packaged itinerary created by locals, with your best interests…
- 3 full day tours
- 3 lunches
- The Great Barrier Reef
- The Daintree Rainforest
- Atherton Tablelands Waterfalls
- PDF Itinerary, Tours reconfirmed
- RRP $485
- Our price $445, You Save $40
Leave Cairns on an adventure, through World Heritage listed Rainforest, home to stunning waterfalls like Ellinjaa Falls, Josephine falls, Dinner falls & on towards some of the most beautiful locations in the Atherton Tablelands!
- See: Josephine Falls, Millaa Millaa Falls, Lace Eacham. Fig tree & more...
- Departs every day except Sunday, max of 20 people
- Starts: 7am, Finishes: 6.30pm
- Morning & Afternoon tea, Lunch is included
Their luxury vessel ReefQuest offers fantastic value for money with unlimited snorkelling on two different reef locations. Snorkelling is the easiest way to discover the Great Barrier Reef, it is as simple as breathing.
- See: 2 "Outer" Great Barrier Reef locations
- Departs daily , max of 80 people
- Starts: 8.00am, Finishes: 4.30pm
- Morning & Afternoon tea, Lunch is included
Embark on a Journey to the oldest low-lying rainforest in the world, estimated to be between 110 to 180 Million years old (6-10 times older than the Amazon Rainforest!)
- See: Mossman Gorge, Daintree Croc Cruise, Cape Trib, Palm Cove
- Departs every day except Sunday, max of 13 people
- Starts: 6.50am, Finishes: 6.30pm
- Morning tea, Lunch is included