The Barefoot Rundown:
Currently ran by Rainforest Spirit Tours; This is a truly authentic experience of Cairns Culture, small personalized groups, a touch of education, a dash of passion and a day to remember for a lifetime… We absolutely love an indigenous touch to this tour, something a little unique in a tour group experience.
Embark on a Journey to the oldest low-lying rainforest in the world, estimated to be between 110 to 180 Million years old (6-10 times older than the Amazon Rainforest!)
With a maximum of 12 passengers on tour to explore the Daintree with, you’ll be sure it’s a personalised and fun but educational trip.
With a glimpse into the indigenous culture, a daring croc spotting boat cruise, beautiful lookouts, guided bush walk, a refreshing dip at Mossman Gorge and walks down the stunning beaches… We are not sure if you are going to want to leave our beautiful region afterwards!
Join the Rainforest Spirit Team for an action packed adventure as we journey to the oldest low-laying rainforest in the world!
We only employ ”Truly Local Guides” therefore we can offer some of the best local Knowledge to our valued Guests. Also adding to your Safety while on the Tours!
- Rex Lookout
- Mossman Gorge
- Wildlife boat cruise in the croc infested Daintree River
- Daintree Rainforest
- Alexandra Range Lookout
- Cape Tribulation Beach
- Aunt Betty’s Biodynamic Ice Cream Shop!
- Palm Cove
- Four Mile Beach
- Port Douglas
- Ellis Beach
What to bring:
- Togs, swimmers, bikini, or boardies
- A Towel to dry yourself
- Camera to take some cool pics
- A dry change of clothes – maybe something warmer in winter?
- Water bottle to stay hydrated!!
- Casual Footwear – walking shoes preferred
- Umbrella for when it rains!
- Pick up from a central Cairns location
- Light Morning Tea (Tea, Coffee, biscuits)
- Beautiful lookouts & awesome photo opportunities
- Mossman Gorge fresh mountain water swim
- Guided bush walk
- Chance to spot rainforest wildlife (cassowaries, kangaroos)
- Wildlife spotting boat cruise
- Delicious lunch (choice of wraps or focaccia, with chips) *cannot cater to vegans
- Personal spendings
- Ice Cream when we do an Ice Cream stop!
Will my tour be cancelled if it rains?
We go out in all types of weather, but rest assured we will only go out if we are confident it is safe to do so on tour. Our guides are trained for all types of weather, and being located in the Wet Tropics – what’s the Wet Tropics without a little rain?
Rainforest Spirit Tours departs 6:50am from Cairns, returns around 6-6:30pm. Unfortunately, we don’t have a large variety of pick up points (too lazy sorry). If driving in, we suggest you select Dreamtime or Summerhouse Hostel as your pickup location, as you can park around there all day for free.
Age Policy: This tour welcomes those aged 10 years and older. No max age limit, but you do need to be fairly fit and healthy and ok on your feet (some of the tracks can be a little tricky otherwise).
Cancellation Policy: Customers will receive a full refund or credit with 24 hours notice of cancellation. Customers will also receive a full refund or credit in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Weather Policy: Your guarantee is we will only commence a tour with confidence knowing the day will go according to plan. However we cannot predict acts of Gods.We cannot be held responsible for any (abnormal) changes to the tour itinerary. Due to the tour being located in the Wet Tropics region, we encounter a monsoonal Wet season. We cannot compensate for any Acts of god. (Example: Flooded roads, Trees Blocking access roads, Bridges going over with flooded water, Landslides, extremely hot weather, or torrential Rain.) Once you have joined the tour group on the day we all have committed to the days tour. We will endeavour to deliver a full day of entertainment regardless of the present conditions. We will do our absolute best given any situation.
Stress less with a pre-packaged itinerary created by locals, with your best interests…
- 3 full day tours
- 3 lunches
- Atherton Tablelands Waterfalls
- The Great Barrier Reef
- The Daintree Rainforest
- PDF Itinerary, Tours reconfirmed
- RRP $478
- Our price $448, You Save $30
Leave Cairns on an adventure, through World Heritage listed Rainforest, home to stunning waterfalls like Ellinjaa Falls, Josephine falls, Dinner falls & on towards some of the most beautiful locations in the Atherton Tablelands!
Their luxury vessel ReefQuest offers fantastic value for money with unlimited snorkelling on two different reef locations. Snorkelling is the easiest way to discover the Great Barrier Reef, it is as simple as breathing.
- See: 2 "Outer" Great Barrier Reef locations
- Departs daily , max of 80 people
- Starts: 8.00am, Finishes: 4.30pm
- Morning & Afternoon tea, Lunch is included
Through out your journey with Uncle Brians you’ll be visiting ancient rainforests (estimated to be between 110 to 180 Million years old), swimming in pristine creeks, lazing on tropical beaches and searching for saltwater crocodiles!
- See: Port Douglas, Croc Cruise, Daintree Rainforest, Cape Trib, Rainforest Creek, Lookouts
- Departs every day, max of 20 people
- Starts: 6.50am, Finishes: 6.30pm
- Morning tea, Lunch is included