- Limited Spaces
- FREE Barefoot Tours Atherton Tableland Waterfall Day Tour with any Learn to Dive purchased through Barefoot Tours
- A$109 Free
- 4 Day PADI Open Water Course 2 days pool & therory, 2 day trips on SeaQuest
- A$715 A$710
- 4 Day & 1 Night PADI Open Water Course 2 days pool & therory, 1 overnight liveaboard on OceanQuest
- A$805 A$800
- 4 Day & 2 Night PADI Open Water Course 2 days pool & therory, 2 overnights liveaboard on OceanQuest
- A$1005 A$1000
- INCLUDING Per person Reef levy
Learning to dive on the Great Barrier Reef is an epic experience to add to your bucket list!
Divers Den is an excellent facility offering different options to suit different budgets, and they also offer their Learn to Dive courses in different languages too. With small groups, a mix of classroom based and a choice of either one of their day boats (SeaQuest) or their overnight liveaboard (OceanQuest) this really is a greay way to experience the reef and have an awesome adventure learning.
We have been operating for over 40 years and hold both PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Centre status and PADI 5 Star Career Development status – one of the highest ratings awarded to any Dive Store as recognition of continued Diver training excellence.
What to bring:
- Togs, swimmers, bikini, or boardies
- A Towel to dry yourself
- A dry change of clothes – maybe something warmer in winter?
- Water bottle to stay hydrated!!
- Casual Footwear – Thongs are okay too
- Sunscreen, Sunnies, Hat
- All PADI Materials
- All Dive & Snorkel Equipment
- Air fills
- All meals whilst onboard the day or overnight boat
- Fresh Chilled Water
- Tea & Coffee
- 2 or 17 Reef Locations daily
- Prescription Masks
- Snacks (choc, chips etc)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Photo purchases
- Digital camera hire
High Altitudes and SCUBA
Currently the rules state that for a single no decompression dive, you should not fly/go to altitude for at least 12 hours. Multiple dives: 18 hours. Divers Den recommends waiting a minimum 24 hours whenever possible. These are guidelines only, there is no guarantee that these recommendations will prevent decompression sickness.
Currently there are no guidelines regarding diving after flying. Altitude is 300m/1000ft above sea level. This includes going to the Atherton Tablelands, so be careful when you are booking tours to follow your dive course/trip. Under normal circumstances, you should be out of the water on your last dive at 12pm (midday).
- Answering all statements in the Self Assessed Medical Declaration form.
- Medical certificate if required.
- Ability to pass a 200m swim, and 10min treading water test
English – everyday except Wednesday
Japanese – Every Saturday
German – Every Monday
Chinese – Every Wednesday
For those doing the 5 day 2 night liveaboard Open Water Course, you will have the option to upgrade to an advanced course on the liveaboard boat (just let the crew know on arrival)
Age Policy: Minimum age is 12 years, minors must be accompanied by legal guardian.
Cancellation Policy, Open Water Course:
DAY 1: Failed Medical*; Full refund. Cancellation for any other reason a charge of AUD$160.00
DAY 2: AUD$230 cancellation fee.
AFTER DAY 2: No refund will be given.
Day trip Course Schedules can NOT be altered
*If Student fails medical they have a choice regarding the course manual: they may return the manual in AS NEW condition (for a full refund) or retain the manual, in which case the refund will be reduced by AU$115.00.
- Divers Den will endeavour to adhere to the advertised itinerary, but reserve the right to alter the itinerary or cut short the tour in the event of medical emergency, inclement weather conditions, or for reasons involving passenger, crew or vessel safety, at the sole discretion of the Master of the Vessel.
- A severe storm or named cyclone in the region may delay our departure or require the trip to be cut short or cancelled. If travelling in the cyclone season (December to April) we advise the purchase of (well prior the due Travel Date), insurance that covers force majeure events (being events outside the control of the parties, such as natural disasters).
- We strongly recommend that all customers purchase a Comprehensive Travel Insurance Policy that covers them for personal injury and the events, including but not limited to, your cancellation for any reason, and the cancellation or alteration to the scheduled itinerary for reasons involving weather or passenger, crew or vessel safety.
- We strongly recommend that all customers also purchase Evacuation and Medical cover for scuba diving. Scuba diving and In-water activities are not covered by all Travel Insurance Policies, and policy wordings should be read carefully. It is important to note that in the event a customer requires medical emergency services; the evacuation, medical, and vessel relocation expenses are at the financial responsibility of the customer.